The Polish Bookshelf action was initiated by the Polish Institute in Kyiv in the August of 2018 and supported by several Kyiv coffee houses. Each visitor of the places listed below will be able, while taking his/her coffee or tea, to read new works of Polish literature in the original language as well as in Ukrainian translation. The bookshelves will be updated and the number of books on them will grow.
We would like to invite you to visit these ambient locations of the Ukrainian capital where you will be able to delve into the world of Polish literature!
Polish bookshelves are located here:
- “Persha kava” Kulchytskyi's coffee house / Bohdana Khmelnytskoho str., 37/2
- “Kupidon” knayp-club / Pushkinska st., 1-3
- “Na Stanislavskoho” coffee house / Kostiantyna Stanislavskoho st., 3
- Orthodox. Books/Coffee/Illustration coffee house / Velyka Zhytomyrska st., 21 A
- Paliturka - Coffee & Books / Khreshchatyk, 46A
- “Tramvai” coffee house / Taras Shevchenko Park / Tereshchenkivska st., 24
- “Tsyferblat” space / Volodymyrska st., 49A
- Center for Polish and European Studies NaUKMA / Voloska St, 10
Restaurants and coffee houses that want to join the Polish Bookshelf action need to write at the following address: email@example.com