On December 23, 1920 the Vistula River Flotilla, one of the two Polish military flotillas, was formed. It was formed from the vessels left by Germans, which were motor boats armed with machine guns. In the beginning the main task of the formation was escorting the river transport. The Vistula Flotilla began to develop faster prior to the Battle of Warsaw, when it was temporarily strengthened with armoured and armed ships with sailors from the Pinsk Flotilla. In 1926 the Flotilla was disbanded and its vessels together with the personnel were transferred to the Pinsk Flotilla.
Figure: Ships of the Vistula Flotilla on the river, public domain